Lively yet elegant, a blend of two noble varietals of Minho
Soalheiro : : Wine
Soalheiro ALLO – Alvarinho & Loureiro 2011
ALLO may sound like a greeting, or perhaps it refers to the famous BBC television sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo! that always brought a laugh. More seriously, the name is a merge of Alvarinho and Loureiro’s initials, two noble grape varieties of the Minho Region in northern Portugal. Loureiro, representing the majority (70%) of the blend, provides floral notes. Alvarinho, on the other hand, is responsible for the wine’s structure. By combining the delicate nature of Loureiro with the confidence of Alvarinho, ALLO is a wine that embodies both the fun and serious sides of our Territory.
Region: Minho IGP
Alcohol (%): 11,5
Total Acidity (g/dm3): 5,9
Residual Sugar: Dry
Grape Varieties: Loureiro (70%), Alvarinho (30%)
Volatile Acidity (g/dm3): 0,2
(The values are approximate)
ALLO is perfect as a ‘wine by the glass’ or as an aperitif, ideal for a sunny day. It also pairs well with seafood, grilled fish, white meats, matured cheeses, smoked meats, or Asian and Mediterranean gastronomies.
ALLO has a yellow and silvery-bright colour. In this blend, Alvarinho, full of tropical fruit and structure, contrasts with Loureiro, floral and delicate, resulting in a lively yet elegant white wine. The moderately low alcohol content contributes to the wine’s balance.
Both planted in granite soils, the Alvarinho and Loureiro grapes come from terroirs ideal for their cultivation. The vineyards of Loureiro have Atlantic influence, where the temperature range is relatively low, preserving the varietal's flowery character. In contrast, the Alvarinho grapes come from the inland region, protected by the mountains of Monção and Melgaço, resulting in the dominance of tropical fruit aromas.
The grapes are harvested by hand. After pressing and before fermentation, the must is clarified at a low temperature. The Loureiro and Alvarinho ferment separately in stainless steel, maturing on the lees before blending and bottling.
90 Robert Parker Points
Mark Squires - The Wine Advocate 2020
Adega Portugal 2020 - Wine Guide
SAKURA - Japan Women's Wine Awards 2019
Challenge International du Vin 2019
Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2019
91 Robert Parker Points
The Wine Advocate 2019
- Soalheiro ALLO 2019 received 90 Parker points from Mark Squires - The Wine Advocate (USA, 2020)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2018 received 91 points, being among the “Best of the Year” by the “Adega Portugal 2020” Wine Guide (Brazil, 2020)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2018 won a gold medal at SAKURA - Japan Women's Wine Awards. (Japan, 2019)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2018 won a gold medal at “Challenge International du Vin” (France, 2019)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2018 won a gold medal at “Concours Mondial de Bruxelles” (2019)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2018 received 91 Robert Parker points – The Wine Advocate (USA, 2019)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2017 received 91 Parker points from Mark Squires - The Wine Advocate (USA, 2019)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2016 won a double gold medal at SAKURA - Japan Women's Wine Awards 2017 (Japan)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2016 won in the category of ‘Best Paring Wine with Sushi’ and ‘Best Cost Performance’, in the 2017 edition of SAKURA – Japan Women’s Wine Awards (Japão);
- Soalheiro ALLO 2016 received the gold medal at Mundus Vini 2017 (Germany)
- Wine Enthusiast awarded Soalheiro ALLO 2016 with 90 points (New York)
- Soalheiro ALLO 2015 won a silver medal at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016